We have worked in partnership with local authorities for over a decade. We’re local government’s leading partner on ensuring fair and consistent implementation of flexible working arrangements across their workforces, including within frontline teams.
The recovery from the pandemic and the current cost of living crisis have focused local authorities’ priorities on inclusive growth. In response, we’ve built on the foundations of our ‘Timewise Councils’ accreditation scheme, supporting local authorities to improve their approach to flexible working for all staff, and enhance their role as service provider and anchor, driving change among local businesses.
We’re creating a network of pioneering Fair Flexible Councils, launching in Spring 2023, to provide and share insight, capabilities and ideas on fair flexible working practices at strategic and operational levels for HR, economic regeneration and inclusive growth teams.
The Fair Flexible Council programme is designed to tackle three major challenges facing local authorities across the UK:
- Reducing workforce disparities in access to flexible working arrangements
- The cost of living crisis
- Low productivity due to skills and recruitment challenges
Outcomes of participation in the programme include:
- New insight, skills, capabilities and ideas at strategic and operational levels for HR, inclusive growth and employment and skills teams.
- A comprehensive action plan setting out the council’s approach to improving access to fair flexible work across their own workforce and local labour market.
- Networking opportunities and peer learning with other local authority leaders and teams.
- Fair Flexible Council and practitioner status.
Get in touch to find out more.